Sunday, April 29, 2012

E-Portfolio Site


Link to site: Kayla Wong's E-Portfolio

INTRODUCTION:


Hi my name is Kayla Wong, and I’m an undergraduate student at Penn State University Park (class of 2015). I would like to provide you with an introduction about me, and my academic endeavors. 

 

I came to Penn State with a clear understanding of what I wanted to study, and what my career would be once my educational studies were completed. As a sophomore in high school, I had added responsibility of caring for my younger cousins who were placed in my home through the foster care system. I’ve witnessed them go through so much physically, and emotionally, and it didn’t seem fair that kids so young had to face so much hardship. I thought about all the other children who had dealt with similar circumstances, and I knew that my career would involve helping young children who were living in non-stable growing environments. From that moment on, I knew that I wanted to contribute to the world by helping young children in the field of psychology. In my first year at Penn State, I’ve taken an array of courses ranging from anthropology, to statistics, and even Chinese. None of my classes have failed to teach me something knew, interesting, or guide me to perceive things differently and with an open mind. After taking a variety of courses, I have realized that I love learning about the mind, and what influences people’s behaviors. My psychology courses, and specifically my child development courses, has taught me so much about the ways in which people conduct themselves and helped me to understand why people behave or interact in particular ways. I’m always amazed at the new things I learned in child development because it teaches us about our lives from the very start and ways in which we go through a variety of developmental stages of growth, but still remain unique individuals. My college academic experience has allowed me to deeply think about my values and beliefs, continuously develop my views on society, and each semester brings me a step closer to pursuing my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment